Monday, April 6, 2009

impressed by getsatisfaction automated answer search

I find myself impressed by the automated answer search in the getsatisfaction customer feedback management system . It checks an existing database of problems so that you may be able to find the solution to your problem without having to actually post yourself. This seems like a great idea to avoid multiple posts asking the same question and repeated answers from admins or expert users saying "please refer to existing answer at blah blah blah", which I have noticed a lot on things like MySQL forums. I was considering a similar approach for the disCourse discussion tool at one point, but never got round to implementing it. It seems like a community pattern with great potential. I can't find any scholarly papers that refer to it, and otherwise my experience at getsatisfaction has not been amazing, to the extent that I haven't managed to get answers to the issues I am having related to mapufacture's geopress project. I would be very interested to hear about any similar features available in other web applications or other software; especially if there was some citable academic research on the same.

No comments: