I've tried to replicate in spreadsheets created from scratch. Here's the source spreadsheet:
and here's where I'm trying to pull in the data to:
and I have cell A1 set to:
ImportRange("0Aq72y9iq5_1UdGFBRmc1VDYyS1p2UHZtLTd3U3REcHc","Sheet1:A1")but I get this error:
"#REF! error: The requested spreadsheet key, sheet title, or cell range was not found."which is the error described here in the support document mentioned above, which is supposed to be the error I get if I am not added as a collaborator on the source document, but since I am the author of both spreadsheets that doesn't make much sense. I have tried playing with the openness settings of both spreadsheets, setting them to view with link, and completely public, but this has no impact on the error I get above
In my actual work case I get a completely different error trying to do approximately the same thing:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/docs/HiqmmeeV0WI (incorrect sheet ids/syntax)
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/docs/6lczh2QEEXQ (wrap in expand statement)
Google spreadsheets is really great, and I can get loads done in the bits that I can get to work, but I really hate getting stuck like this and burning an hour on something where I can't get access to a more detailed error message, and the user community problem and solution dialogues are not organized around the documentation like they are in PHP and MySQL.
What I really really really want is some google spreadsheet people on IRC to actually talk through the problem ...