I've now added the PairWithMe badge to all my projects on Github, and I follow the #pairwithme hashtag on twitter, which is exposing me to things like this remote pair programming meetup group:
@batarski and @eee_c were saying on twitter that the #pairwithme website should coordinate and maybe host the sessions. I gave a lame tweet reply that that would be cool, and that some other sites were doing that, but didn't really have space to list the, so here they are:
- http://pairwith.me/ Alpha - very basic
- http://rubypair.com/ Gamma? - looks cool
- http://tansaku.github.io/PairProgrammingScheduler/ Alpha - hardly functional - this is my attempt so far :-)
- https://www.virtualpairprogrammers.com/ Gamma? Paid site - training courses
- https://github.com/samnang/pair-with-me Alpha? Not functional any more?
And there was another one I signed up with recently, but I lost my Chrome history in a recent crash, so can't find it at the moment :-(
However although I've made contact with a few people through these (mainly just on twitter) I think I've only got a couple of remote pair programming sessions going from them. Far more intensive has been the now 30+ and counting hours I've been remote pair programming on our EdX SaaS LocalSupport project which we are mainly co-ordinating through Skype chat rooms. Here's a playlist of those videos
I'm looking forward to seeing more solutions to the challenge of remote pair programming scheduling.